Terms and Conditions
Welcome to Skydive Surfcity Inc’s Website. Skydive Surfcity, Inc is a S-coprporation with limited lability, doing business as ‘Skydive Surfcity” and Santa Cruz Skydiving. If you continue to browse and use this website and particularly if you make reservations with us, you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by the following terms and conditions. These ‘terms & conditions’ govern Skydive Surfcity, Inc’s relationship with you. If you disagree with any part of these terms and conditions, please do not use our website and do not use our skydiving services.
General Terms and Conditions
•Skydive Surfcity, Inc. is informing you that skydiving, parachuting and flying are inherently dangerous activities, which may result in serious injury or even death. All passengers need to be willing and able to accept this risk
•All participants must be 18 years of age or older to skydive
• Bookings are required. We require a credit card number when making reservations. This card will not be charged upfront. Cancellations are free of charge as long as you give us the required notice (see below).
Skydive Surfcity Cancellation Policy
• We do not charge any deposit fees. Cancellations are free of charge as long as you give us the required notice (see below).
• If you cancel without giving the required notice (see below), there is a minimum $50 per booked jump cancellation fee applied to the card.
• For “no-shows” or late cancellations on the day of the jumps we do charge full price for the number of booked skydives (e.g. $199 per booked 10,000ft jump weekend, $179 Monday -Friday).
• If your plans change we must be notified at least 48 hours (=2 full days for group sizes of 5 and smaller) , 72 hours (=3 full days for group sizes of 6-9) and 96 hours (=4 full days for group sizes of 10 or more people) prior to your scheduled appointment. Should you fail to do so, there will be a charge of $50 per reserved slot on your credit card. If you do not show up without cancelling at all or if you call in on the day of your appointment you will be charged full price of number of reserved 10,000 ft skydives. (Example 1: if you book for 3 people and cancel the day before the jump: there will be a 3 x $50 charge. Example 2: if you book for 3 people and 1 person cancels the day before the jump: there will be a 1 x $50 charge. Example 3: if you book for 3 people and don’t show up: there will be a 3 x $199 charge. If only two people show up without giving the 48 hours notice for the 3rd person there will be a 1x $199 charge. Example 4: if you book for a skydive for 7 people and cancel 2 days before there will be a charge of 7 x $50 = $350 applied to your card on file.
• If you make a last minute booking and are already within the cancellation period, the cancellation fees will apply.
• By making reservations and supplying your credit cards information, you agree to our cancellation policy and you authorize Skydive Surfcity, Inc. to charge the cancellation fees to your credit card . Our other terms and conditions apply.
• Do not set up an appointment if you are not certain which day will work for you. We cannot accept two identical bookings that are blocking time slots for two separate dates.
• Procedures for bad weather: Be sure to be available on the phone number that you provided when making the reservation. We will make every effort to inform you ahead of times if the weather conditions prevent us from going skydiving. It never hurts to call in a few hours prior to your jump to confirm weather conditions.
•Procedures for bad weather for part of the day: For bad weather during your appointment time, there will be a 30 minutes grace period in which we check and assess the conditions. If the weather is still bad after the 30 minutes mark, we will not be able to jump with you. We would encourage you to reschedule for another day or later on that day (if we have any availability). We cannot delay or cancel later customers that have good weather during their appointment times. This would not be fair to them. Bad weather means weather that we consider not safe for skydiving.
•We are never responsible for any of your expenses in case you are not going to be able to skydive for any reason.
• Our prices are subject to change without any previous notice
• All sales on skydives, and photo/video services are final. Once you are in the aircraft and change your mind there will be no refunds.
Terms and Conditions for Photo/Video Service
• When purchasing our video service you understand that we are providing an edited video on a DVD or we can upload it to you and send you a link to a download link. We are not releasing the raw footage. There are no exceptions!
• Refunds for photo/video service packages: If you don’t like the way you look on your photos/videos but the products meets our quality standards you will not be able to get a refund. Refunds can only be given if we fail to deliver photos or videos due to bad lighting, weather conditions or technical difficulties with the cameras. If we cannot provide a photo/video package we will only refund the part that we could not provide e.g. If you paid for the video/photo combo ($120) and we could not deliver the photos we will refund $41 (which is the add-on from a video package ($79) to a video photo combo.
• We are charging for the service of taking photos/ videos during your skydives . If your DVD is faulty or your USB stick got damaged , we offer to send out the photos/ video files on a disc or USB stick in the mail or we can email you a link to download the photo/ video files, if we have the files saved on our end. We will not give refunds for damaged discs or USB sticks or corrupted files as long as we can deliver the working photos/ video files.
• If you didn’t order photos/or videos prior to going up in the airplane we will not be able to provide photos/videos. If an instructor decides to take up a camera anyways (although you didn’t order them) we cannot guarantee that we will be able to provide photo/videos.
Terms and Conditions for Video/Photo orders after the Jump
- All sales on photo/video packages are final
- When purchasing our video service you understand that we are providing an edited video on a DVD or upload the edited video/ photos and send out a download link. We are not releasing the raw footage for videos. There are no exceptions!
- Photos and videos come on a DVD and will be sent out via USPS ground within 2-3 business days. So please allow up to a week for your DVDs to arrive.
- If you didn’t order photos/or videos prior to going up in the airplane we cannot guarantee that we are able to provide photos/videos. If an instructor decides to take up a camera anyways (although you didn’t order them) you can order them after the jump but we cannot guarantee that we will be able to provide photo/videos. If you order videos/photos that we do not have on file you will of course get a full refund.
- Refunds for photo/video packages that were ordered after the jump : Our standard video/ photo refund policy applies (see above)
Terms & Conditions for Skydiving Gift Certificates
•Recipient of gift certificates must be 18 years or older when redeeming the tandem skydiving gift certificate
•Skydive Surfcity Inc will be closed for jumping every year between the end of November and early January. Wanting to use your gift certificate during this time period will not qualify you for a refund.
•Skydiving Gift Certificates are for skydives- not for beach landings. We cannot guarantee that the beach is available for landing
•Please note that if you order a skydiving gift certificate after 5 pm it may not be processed before the next day. If you need a PDF gift certificate per email urgently after 5 pm, please call 831.435.5169 to confirm when we can email it out to you.
•All sales for tandem skydives, skydiving gift certificates or skydive videos/photos are final. Gift vouchers are refundable within the first 2 days of purchase. However, there is a $25 service fee in case of a requested refund. We need notification by email from the customer purchasing the certificates if a refund is requested.
• After 2 days skydiving gift vouchers are NOT refundable! Reasons for that: Our skydiving gift vouchers do not expire and are fully transferable. You can pass them on to anybody else or sell them. BUT you must inform us in writing! If you fail to inform us the skydiving voucher will NOT be valid if you have passed it on to someone else.
•If the name of the person redeeming the skydiving voucher doesn’t match the name on the voucher, the voucher is NOT valid for a tandem skydive unless we have received written notification from the person buying the voucher or the person listed on the voucher.
•Our skydiving vouchers do NOT expire, however after 12 months we reserve the right to charge a surcharge to reflect changes in our prices and/or our expenses (e.g. fuel prices keep going up).
•For customers that weigh over 220 lbs. our instructors charge an additional fee of $20 plus an additional $1 per every pound over 220 lbs (for the extra workload).Please note that this is a skydiving industry standard. These surcharges will be charged on the day of your skydive and will be on top of what you have paid for any gift certificate. At weights exceeding 250 pounds you are wil not be allowed to jump.
• We will not issue any refunds for gift certificates if the recipient does not meet our weight requirements.
•For bad weather during your skydiving appointment, you will have a 30 minutes grace period in which we check and assess the conditions. If the weather is still bad after the 30 minutes mark, you will need to reschedule for another time. If it clears up later on that day, we will need to take care of the next scheduled appointments that have clear conditions during their skydiving time. If we have availability later that day, we are happy rescheduling you for the same day. We cannot refund your gift certificate if the weather is not good on your skydiving appointment. Bad weather means weather that we consider not safe for skydiving.
• We do not accept walk-ins. You will need to call 831.435.5169 to schedule your appointment even if you have purchased a gift certificate. Please note that our weekends and many weekdays (particularly during the summer months) book up. So make your reservations well in advance as soon as you know when you want to use your skydiving gift certificate!
•There is a 48 hour cancellation policy for all scheduled skydives. If you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment, we will need at least 48 hours notice prior to your skydiving appointment. With less than 48 hours notice there will be a $50 charge per person. This will be added on your card on file. Please note that the for larger groups the required notice for cancellations is 72 hours (groups of 6-9 people) and 96 hours (groups of 10 or more people).
•Skydiving gift certificates are subject to forfeiture if you fail to show up on your scheduled skydiving appointment. Calling us on the day of the jump counts as a “no-show” and will forfeit your skydive vouchers
• Skydiving gift certificates that were purchased for use on “Weekdays Only” can only be used Monday-Friday (on days we are operating) after setting up an appointment. If you wanted to use them on a weekend there will be an upgrade fee to have the total match our current weekend rates.
Terms & Conditions for Skydives & Vouchers Purchased Through 3rd Party Booking Agencies
•If clients purchased skydives or skydiving vouchers from 3rd party booking agencies, your skydiving appointment will need to be set-up through the party that sold the skydives.
• If an appointment gets cancelled due to weather or any other reason, it needs to be rescheduled through the party that the skydives were purchased from
• If you set-up an appointment through our online-booking system or via the phone and then present 3rd party skydiving vouchers on the day of the appointment without getting written approval from us, we will not be able to accept your pre-paid skydiving vouchers. You will be charged our standard rates. If you choose not to jump that day, there will be a charge of $50 cancellation fee per booked skydive
•Refund requests for 3rd party bookings need to be made to the party that sold you the skydives. We are in no binding contract with you, even if we have accepted 3rd party skydiving voucher at previous appointments or if we have indicated to you that we would accept them in the past
•We are NOT required to accept 3rd party bookings or pre-paid skydiving vouchers that are not issued and sold by Skydive Surfcity, Inc.
Website Usage Terms and Conditions
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorized use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of California, USA.